Rules for Walsall Gymnastics Centre
- As a member of British Gymnastics (BG) the centre is affiliated to the West Midlands Gymnastic Association
- All members must have current BG membership and insurance (gymnasts and coaches).
- Walsall Gymnastics Centre agrees and adheres to British Gymnastics rules, their policies on equal opportunities, inclusivity, ethics and child protection.
- Walsall Gymnastics Centre is a non-profit making organisation.
- Walsall Gymnastics Centre has a member’s committee.In the event of a complaint or concern members should in the first instance contact the Welfare Officer or Head Coach for the Centre.
Walsall Gymnastics Club Membership
- Membership is open to all.
- All new members must complete a registration and consent form online.
- Medical conditions will be reviewed and in some circumstances we may seek medical advice before allowing participation.
- Fees are paid in advance and are non-refundable.
- The Centre must be notified of any absenteeism from training on or before the day of the session.
- Anyone absent for three consecutive weeks, without notification, may have their place offered to someone else.
applicable to all visitors to the centre:
- Outdoor shoes must be removed.
- No food, drinks or sweets are allowed in the gym area.
- Gymnasts may bring still drinks or water only, no fizzy drinks.
- Gymnasts will not be allowed to participate in the session if they arrive late or do not complete
- warm up.
- Gymnasts will not be allowed to participate if fees are outstanding
- Coaches must adhere to BG recommended coaches dress code.
- Gymnasts must always wear suitable clothing in the gym.
- All Gymnasts must wear club leotards within 1 month of joining.
- Tight fitting black leggings and tops may be worn, but only until the gymnasts ‘warms up’.
- Hair must be tied back at all times to ensure that it does not cover the eyes.
- No Watches, Jewellery or body piercings are permitted.
- Nails must be kept short.
- Respect must be shown by all to everyone involved with and at the Centre.
- Gymnasts must not enter the gym area until told to do so by the coach.
Gymnasts must not use any apparatus unless a coach is present.
Discipline ; Safety must be observed at all times.
- To minimize the risk of any accident to individual or others, gymnasts must be attentive to coaching staff.
- Misbehaviour will not be tolerated.
- Bullying behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Judgement made by coaching staff must not be publicly questioned by Gymnasts, parents, or guardians.
- Only one verbal & one written warning will be given; in the event of further incidents that compromise safety or wellbeing, membership will be terminated.
- Parents are expected to behave in an appropriate manner at all times.
- Parents must inform us of any changes to contact information immediately
- Parents must abide by the clubs photographic and social media policies, no mobile phones, camera’s or any other photographic devices are permitted inside the gym.
- Parents are not permitted to enter any changing area.
- Parents are not permitted to leave the spectators area to enter the gym or gymnasts toilets.
- Parents using abusive, aggressive or other unacceptable language will be asked to leave.
- Parents must ensure they are on time and that children are escorted to and collected from inside the building. Please do not ask children to come to the car park, they will not be permitted to leave without an adult present.
Any issues concerning gymnast or parent behaviour will be discussed by the committee and appropriate actions taken, A person may appeal this decision. The committee will then appoint a disciplinary committee which will consist of one representative of the Main Committee and two members of the club, This will usually include the clubs official welfare officer.The club will take a ‘no-blame’ approach and deal with any incident on a step by step basis as outlined in the BGA code of conduct, ethics and good practice.
ALL MOBILE PHONES MUST BE SWITCHED OFF
- TO AVOID THE USE OF MOBILE PHONES AS CAMERAS, NO MOBILE PHONES MAY BE USED IN THE CENTRE AT ANY TIME.
- VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHIC POLICY
- IN THE INTERESTS OF ALL CONCERNED, THE PRACTICE OF INDISCRIMINATE PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO BY MEMBERS MUST BE CONTROLLED. ANYONE WISHING TO TAKE PHOTOS MUST DISCUSS WITH THE ORGANISERS.
- THE USE OF FLASH FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AT ANY TIME IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- IN ALL THIS STATEMENT, THE WORDS PHOTO, PHOTOS OR PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT MEANS ANY FORM OF PHOTOGRAPHIC, FILM OR VIDEO REPRODUCTION HOWEVER TAKEN AND IN ANY MEDIA.